Sometimes you might get the following error while updating the Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance to the latest version. Step 57: GlobalUpdate script for service model: RetailServer on machine: <server>
- Applies To (Tier-1 Environments):
- Dynamics 365 Finance
- Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management
- Dynamics 365 Commerce
In this case, if you are not using Retail Channel functionality, you can try re-creating the Channel DB following the below steps. The following steps will indicate how to remove the Retail Channel Database components from the AOS database. By following these steps, you acknowledge that you are not using the Retail Channels (Point of Sale or Retail Cloud or Store Scale Units) OR you are using Cloud Scale Units (when using Cloud Scale Units, the Channel Database collocated with the AOS DB [Default Database] is not used anymore). After you complete these steps, you will need to retry/resume/start an application deployable package, which will recreate the Retail Channel database components.
- Connect to the intended environment.
- Find the latest deployable package applied to the environment. It will be under folder <ServiceVolue>:\DeployablePackages\<PackageGUID>
- Under the deployable package folder, find the following SQL script <ServiceVolue>:\DeployablePackages\<PackageGUID>\RetailServer\Scripts\DropAllRetialChannelDbObjects.sql
This script, when run against the AOS database, will remove all objects related to the Retail Channel Database. Only proceed if you are not using the Retail Channel functionality.
- Connect to the AOS database and run the above script. This operation will take several minutes.
- Resume the package deployment or start the package deployment to have the Retail Channel components recreated correctly.
Hopefully, the update should now complete and system should be ready to use.
You can read all Dynamics 365 Finance related posts here.